Causes of Neck Pain Explained
Here at Lodes Chiropractic Center, we see patients complaining of a stiff neck, tight neck muscles, and neck pain in Wilmington. If these symptoms sound familiar to you, learn how we can help.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Common causes of neck pain include:
- Bulging disk - Spinal compression may cause a bulging disc. Chiropractic, cold laser, and stretches restore the spine's length and heal a bulging disc naturally.
- Text neck - Do you spend all day looking down at your phone? If so, your neck pain may actually be text neck. The act of looking down all the time pulls your head forward, shifts your spine out of alignment, and causes pain.
- Whiplash - A common auto accident injury, whiplash is a severe type of neck strain that's best treated using chiropractic.
- Muscle strain - Neck muscles can become strained while playing sports, working out, or completing everyday tasks. Tightness, stiffness, and pain suggests a strained neck muscle.
- Osteoarthritis - Osteoarthritis may cause chronic neck pain as it erodes the cartilage that cushions vertebrae in your neck. Chiropractic can provide some measure of relief by keeping the joints in your neck lubricated and moving properly.
- Poor posture - We would be remiss for not mentioning the role posture plays in neck pain. Bad posture pulls the spine out of alignment. If you strain your head forward while at your workstation, you will feel neck pain.
How Our Wilmington Chiropractor Provides Neck Pain Relief
Our Wilmington chiropractor uses chiropractic care to establish proper spinal alignment. This directly provides neck pain relief, while decreasing inflammation and other symptoms.
To relieve muscular tension, we may suggest cold laser therapy. A low level laser beam penetrates your skin, goes right into tight muscles, and boosts circulation to provide drug-free relief.
Would you like to try chiropractic care for neck pain relief in
Wilmington? Reserve your appointment on our website or call our
chiropractic clinic today at 302-477-1565. If it's your first time
visiting Lodes Chiropractic Center, you can enjoy a free consultation!