Auto accident injuries can occur prompting the individual or individuals to seek treatment. Chiropractic care can be highly beneficial for treating injuries sustained from a car accident, especially when injuries such as whiplash have occurred. At Lodes Chiropractic Center, we have been sharing the benefits of chiropractic care with Wilmington residents for many years. Many of our patients visit us for the first time looking for auto accident injury treatment. Following are the answers to several questions our chiropractor frequently receives regarding auto accident injuries.
What Are Some Symptoms Related to Auto Accident Injuries?
The most common auto accident injury symptoms include:
- Muscle aches and tension
- Blurry vision
- Limited mobility
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries that victims of a car accident experience. Whiplash occurs when ligaments and muscles in the neck are overstretched and can lead to long-term pain and immobility if left unaddressed. Other common auto accident injuries include:
- Herniated disc: This condition is the result of damage done to the discs between the vertebrae.
- Concussion: A concussion occurs due to a blow to the head.
- Subluxations: A subluxation occurs when the spine is thrown out of alignment, leading to pain and immobility.
How Can a Chiropractor Treat Auto Accident Injuries?
Auto accident chiropractic care is beneficial in treating injuries sustained from a car accident. There are a variety of techniques that a chiropractor can use to help patients in the recovery phase of a car accident. Some of the most common procedures used include:
- Stretches and exercises: Our chiropractor may recommend certain stretches and exercises to help improve your mobility and reduce stiffness within your muscles.
- Spinal adjustment: Spinal adjustments will restore your body’s natural alignment, relieving your pain and improving your range of motion. These adjustments can also help relieve frequent headaches and treat certain conditions such as herniated discs, concussions, and whiplash.
- Massage therapy: This technique is widely used by chiropractors to improve circulation and promote relaxation throughout the body.
Should I Still See a Chiropractor Following an Auto Accident Even If I Have No Symptoms?
Yes, you should still consider seeing a chiropractor even if you have no symptoms because it can take several days for symptoms to appear. Seeking chiropractic care immediately following an accident enables the patient to get the treatment he or she may need as soon as possible.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Auto Accident Treatment in Wilmington
Call Lodes Chiropractic Center today at 302-477-1565 for more information on auto accident injury treatment or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.